ABOUT INDIAN RAILWAY MEDICAL CATEGORY -A1, A2, A3, B1, B2 C1 & C2
After document verification, Candidates are called to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted at Railway Hospital.
The basic motto of medical tests is to ensure that the selected candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties concerned with the post.
Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff.
The medical requirements against Technical & Non-Technical cadre are mentioned below:
1. MEDICAL CRITERIA A-3:-Physically fit all respects. Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 2D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
1.1 APPLICABLE FOR SR. SECTION ENGINEER POST:1. SSE/P-Way, 2. SSE/ Bridge, 3. SSE(Works), 4. SSE Drawing (Civil) & Design & Estimation, 5. SSE(Mechanical) (Workshop), 6. Sr. Section Research Engineer/Engg, 7. SSE (TMS), 8. SSE Mechanical, 9. SSE Carriage & Wagon, 10. SSE DSL Mechanical, 11. SSE DSL Electrical, 12. SSE J&T (Jig & Tools), 13. SSE (Drawing & Design) Mechanical, 14. SSE Electrical/ Electrical (GS) 15. SSE Electrical (TRD), 16. SSE Electrical (TRS), 17. SSE (Electrical) / Workshop, 18. SSE (Drawing/ Design &Drawing) Electrical, 19. SSE (Signal), 20. SSE (Telecommunication), 21. SSE (S&T) Workshop, 22. SSE Drawing/S&T, 23. SSE PCO/ Shop Floor, 24. SSE (Track Machine).
You can read it. JOB PROFILE RAILWAY SSE
1.2 APPLICABLE FOR JR. ENGINEER POST: 1. JE (P-Way), 2. JE (Works), 3. JE (Bridge), 4. JE Drawing/ Drawing & Design & Estimation (Civil), 5. JE (STR), 6. Jr. RESEARCH ENGINEER/Engg., 7. JE Engg. (B&F), 8. JE (Mechanical/ Workshop), 9. JE Mechanical Carriage & Wagon(Open Line), 10. JE DSL Mechanical, 11. JE DSL Electrical, 12. JE (Drawing/Design/ Designing & Drawing) Mechanical, 13. JE Mechanical (Drawing & Design), 14. JE Electrical/ Electrical General, 15. JE Electrical/ TRD, 16. JE (Electrical)/Work Shop, 17. JE (Electrical/TRS), 18. JE (Design)Electrical, 19. JE (Drawing/Design/ Design & Drawing & Estimation) Electrical, 20. JE (Signal), 21. JE (Telecommunication), 22. JE Drawing/ Drawing & Desing/Signal/S&T, 23. JE(Track Machine), 24. JE (IT), 25. Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
You can also read it.JOB PROFILE RAILWAY JE
1.3 APPLICABLE FOR TECHNICIAN GRADE-III POST:1.Tech Gr-III DCM, 2. Fitter-TM, 3. Fitter-STM, 4.Tech Gr-III DCM
2. MEDICAL CRITERIA A-2:-Physically fit all respects. Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses, Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
APPLICABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS:1.Traffic Apprentice, 2. Goods Guard, 3.Assistant Station Master, 4.Traffic Assistant
3. MEDICAL CRITERIA A-1:-Physically fit all respects. Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses, Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses (must clear fogging test) and must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
APPLICABLE FOR FOLLOWING POST: 1.Assistant Loco Pilot ( Minimum qualification for this job is ITI degree in Mechanical or Electrical.)
4. MEDICAL CRITERIA B-1: Physically fit in all respects, Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn.0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
Applicable for: Technician Grade III (For which Matriculation & ITI degree required and some cases some additional degree also such as driving license etc or 10+2 with Physics & Maths or Diploma degree in the required field)
5. MEDICAL CRITERIA B-2:-Physically fit in all respects Visual standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass the test for Field of Vision.
APPLICABLE FOR TECHNICIAN-III POST:1.Fitter, 2.Electrical/AC/Fitter, 3.Tech Gr-III TRD
6.. MEDICAL CRITERIA C-1:-Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
APPLICABLE FOR FOLLOWING POST:1.Depot Material Superindent, 2. Chief Depot Material Superindent, 3.Commercial Apprentice, 4. Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk, 5.Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist, 6.Sr. Clerk cum Typist, 7.Sr. Time Keeper, 8. Grade – III Technician as Fitter/ Painter/ Carpenter/ Turner/ Welder/ Mech Engg./ Tele comm Maintainer/ Electrician/ Multi Skilled Man/ Mason/Plumber/ Aligner/ Instrument Mechanic/ Blacksmith/ Machinist/ Electroplater/ Millwright Fitter/ Motor vehicle Driver/ Trimmer/ Crane Driver etc.
Job profile of non-tech jobs in Indian Railways after graduation & 12th.JOB PROFILE OF NON-TECH JOBS
7. MEDICAL CRITERIA C-2:-Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/12, Nil with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6 combined with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
Applicable for: Staff in clerical occupations not included in A, B, and C-1
Note: The above medical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general. The candidates are advised to read Chapter 5 of the Indian Railway Medical Manual Vol.1 which can be accessed at www.indianrailways.gov.in.
Candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or any other surgical procedure to correct refractory error are not eligible for the post having Medical Standards A1, B1, and B2.
Different Medical standards shall apply to Ex-Servicemen as detailed in Para 534 of Indian Railway Medical Manual (IRMM) Volume I.
I have tried my best to put correct information. Medical Standards are varying post & department-wise. Description of Medical Standard is only for introduction not exhaustive.
I have mentioned so many posts as per corresponding Medical Standards. So there is the possibility of some mistakes. This article can’t be used for any legal or official purposes.
Your final medical Standard is as per published notification only.
1. For Medical Category- B2, A2, C2 & A3 ( CEN 01/2019)
2. For Medical Category – A3 & C1 for SSE & JE ( CEN No. 01/2015)
3. For Medical Category – A3, B1, B2 & C1 for JE,DMS & CMA ( CEN No. 03/2018)
4. For Medical Category – C1 & A2 for NTPC (Graduate Level) ( CEN No. 03/2015)