GROUP – B CATEGORY STATE GOVERNMENT JOBS FOR GRADUATES
Here I have tried to explain various types of State Govt. jobs. Every state has its own Public Service Commission. It is a constitutional body.
It takes exams for the various posts concerned with state operations. Qualified candidates get posting in the state at various departments.
States with PSCs are 1.AP, 2.Arunachal Pradesh,
3.Assam, 4.Bihar, 5.Chhattisgarh, 6.Goa, 7.Gujarat, 8.Haryana, 9.HP, 10.J&K, 11.Jharkhand, 12.Karnataka, 13.Kerala, 14.MP, 15.Maharashtra, 16.Manipur, 17.Meghalaya,
18.Mizoram, 19.Nagaland, 20.Odisha, 21.WB, 22.Punjab, 23.Rajasthan, 24.Sikkim, 25.Tamil Nadu, 26.Telangana,27.Tripura, 28.UP, 29.Uttarakhand.
LIST OF PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION EXAMS
1. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM:- Basic qualification for this exam is graduation in any subject from a recognized university. The selection process is 1. Preliminary Exam
-Objective Type, 2. Main Exam – Subjective Exam, 3. Interview.
Qualified candidate joins in Administrative service, Police Service, Finance, Education, Election Commission, Labour Deptt., Income Tax dept. etc.
2. JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAM:- Basic educational qualification is LLB (Bachelor of Laws) from any recognized university. Selection process is 1. Preliminary Exam -Objective Type, 2. Main Exam – Subjective Exam, 3. Interview.
3. MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM:- Basic qualification for this exam is MBBS or equivalent degree from a reputed university. It also conducts exams for Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Unani Doctors & also for Dentists. The exam may be 3 stages (Pre + Main + Interview) or Two-stage (Exam + Interview).
4. ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM:- Basic qualification for this exam is B.E./BTech. in any subject or equivalent degree from a reputed university. As per requirement, it conducts exams for the vacancy of PWD, PHD, IT departments etc. The exam may be 3 stages or Two-stage as per received applications.
5. LECTURE or ASSTT. PROFESSOR EXAM:-Lecturer exam is for Polytechnic Colleges. Assistant Professor exam is for Degree colleges of Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, or Non-Technical colleges. The basic qualification has been decided as per vacancy.
6. AGRICULTURE SERVICE EXAM:- It is the main concern of the Agriculture Department. The basic qualification is Graduation in Agriculture science. Posting will be in the Agriculture department.
7. FOREST DEPTT. EXAM:- Basic qualification for this exam is Graduation in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical & Agriculture), Graduation in Forestry, Statistics, Maths & Science subject or MBBS in veterinary from a reputed university.Exam may be 3 stage (Pre + Main + Interview) or Two-stage (Exam + Interview).
8. ANIMAL HUSBANDRY DEPTT. EXAM:- It is a combination of Animal, Fishery, Dairy departments. The basic qualification for this exam is MBBS in veterinary or a Graduation degree from a reputed university in Fishery, Dairy Technology, etc. The exam may be 3 stages (Pre + Main + Interview) or Two-stage (Exam + Interview).
1. Examination date for the above-mentioned posts varies statewise. So mentioning a precise date is not possible.
2. Age limit for a particular post also vary state & post-wise.
3. Normally State vacancies & recruitment delay due to various type of court cases such as
- Court case on fixation of age limit for application of particular post.
- The setting of the wrong question or answer in particular set in the exam paper.
- In making result, confusion on applying reservation policy on a particular community
- At last & common is corruption charges on published results of a particular post.
Every state has some particular vacancy for particular groups such as a CDPO post for ladies only.
Generally, every State PSC demands the read & write capability of the local language from candidates.
Caste reservations are only valid for your home state vacancy. For another state vacancy, you will eligible for the general quota. Generally, only 5 to 15% of vacancies of the general quota are available for outsiders. Vacancy percentage varies statewise.
Above shown images used for illustrative purposes only. No Copyright infringement intended. All information is only for guidance purposes. For career planning go through recent notification only statewise.