INDIAN RAILWAYS POPULAR JOBS UNDER GROUP-A/ B /C /D
In this post, I have explained various types of jobs available in Indian Railways. Basically, two categories of jobs are available:- 1. Gazetted Officer- Group- A/B and 2. Non-Gazetted Staff – Group – C & D.
Direct Recruitment of Gazetted Officer through UPSC. Earlier SCRA is one way for getting Gazetted Job in Railway.
But presently SCRA Exams discontinued from 2017. Direct Recruitment of Non- Gazetted Staff through RRB, RRC.
Further, I have mentioned the details of these jobs.
I. INFO ABOUT DIRECT RECRUITMENT IN GAZETTED POST
Every year UPSC conducts exams for Technical Graduates & Non-Technical Graduates. Technical Graduates means candidate having minimum education B.TECH/B.E or M.B.B.S.
1. Post for Non- Tech Graduates:-
UPSC conducts Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination in May of Every year. After qualifying UPSC, they get a job in Finance, Store, Personnel, Security (RPF) & another non-technical department of Indian Railways.
However, B.TECH/ B.E or M.B.B.S. degree holders also appear in this exam & get a job in these departments.
2. Post for Tech Graduates:-
UPSC conducts a separate exam for Engineers in January of every year, which is named as Engineering Services Examination.
After final selection, they get posts in Civil, Store (Civil), Mechanical, Store (Mechanical), Electrical, Store (Electrical), Electronics & Telecommunication, Store (Electronics & Telecommunication) Department of Indian Railways.
3. Post for Doctors:-
Combined Medical Services Examination held in April by UPSC. After qualifying Doctors recruit at various level hospitals under Indian Railways.
As per their specialization, they get posts in ENT, Cardiology, Urology, Physician, Gyno, etc. Department.
II. ABOUT DIRECT RECRUITMENT IN GAZETTED POST
Direct Recruitment of Non- Gazetted Staff done through RRB, RRC & RPF Cell. These jobs are under Group- C & D category(Non-Executive).
Basic eligibility for these jobs is ITI degree or Intermediate Pass or Diploma in Engineering or Medical streams or Graduates in Engineering or Medical courses or other Graduates.
1. Jobs after 10th Class or/and ITI:-
The most common jobs are the following:-1. Assistant (Workshop), 2. Assistant Bridge, 3. Assistant C & W, 4. Assistant Depot (Stores), 5. Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel), 6. Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel),
7. Assistant Operations (Electrical), 8. Assistant Pointsman, 9. Assistant Signal & Telecom, 10. Assistant Track Machine, 11. Assistant TI & AC (Train Lighting & Air Conditioning ),
12. Assistant TI & AC (Workshop ), 13. Assistant TRD, 14. Assistant Works, 15. Assistant Works (Workshop), 16. Hospital Assistant, 17. Track Maintainer Grade IV. More details are available in this link- Gr D Job Profile, Promotion & Exam Pattern.
2. Jobs in RPF After 10 th
Basic educational eligibility for RPF Constable is SSLC/Matric from a recognized Board & Age between 18-25 years.
The entire recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT), and Document Verification (DV).
More information is available on About RPF Constable Job & Exam.
3. Jobs in Railway Hospitals
Generally, these jobs are available in Railway Hospital – 1. Dietician, 2 Staff Nurse, 3. Dental Hygienist, 4. Dialysis Technician, 5. Extension Educator, 6. Health And Malaria Inspector Grade III,
7. Lab Superintendent Grade III, 8. Optometrist, 9. Perfusionist, 10. Physiotherapist, 11. Pharmacist Grade III, 12. Radiographer, 13. Speech Therapist, 14. ECG Technician,
15. Lady Health Visitor, 16. Lab Assistant Grade II. The recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test (CBT), and Document Verification (DV). More information is available on About Para-Medical Jobs & Exam.
4. Jobs in Ministerial & Isolated Categories
Following jobs are available in these categories-1. Junior Stenographer / Hindi, 2. Junior Stenographer / English, 3. Junior Translator / Hindi, 4. Staff And Welfare Inspector, 5. Chief Law Assistant, 6. Lab Assistant Grade III Chemist And Metallurgist,
7. Finger Print Examiner 8. Head Cook, 9. Cook, 10. Senior Publicity Inspector, 11. Publicity Inspector, 12. Photographer, 13. Post Graduate Teacher / Biology (English Medium) (Male), 14. Post Graduate Teacher / English (Male),
15. Postgraduate Teacher / Computer Science, 16. Trained Graduate Teacher / Computer Science, 17. Physical Training Instructor (English Medium) (Male/Female), 18. Assistant Mistress (Junior School),
19. Music Mistress, 20. Dance Mistress, 21. Laboratory Assistant/School.
The recruitment process shall involve Single Stage CBT, Stenography Skill Test, Performance Test/Teaching Skill Test, Translation Test (as applicable) and DV/Medical Examination.
More information is available on About these Jobs & Exam.
5. Jobs through Sports, Cultural And S&G
Railway recruits the candidates, which are involved in Sports, Cultural And Scout & Guides. As per their educational Qualification, they get the job of Gr – C & D through RRB / RRC.
The recruitment process shall involve Single Stage CBT, Performance Certificates and DV/Medical Examination. More at About these Jobs & Exam.
6. Jobs as Driver (ALP)
Every Railway recruits a huge no. of Auto Loco Pilot. The basic qualification for this job is ITI. But huge no. of Diploma & Degree Holders in Engineering appear for ALP Exam.
So Competition is quite tough. After qualifying for the Written Exam, Psycho Test is another challenge for getting the job. More at About ALP Jobs & Exam.
7. Jobs under NTPC Category
Non-Technical Popular Category ( NTPC) Jobs divided into two parts-i. Graduate Level & ii. Jobs for 12th Pass Candidates. Graduate-level jobs are 1. Commercial Apprentice, 2. Traffic Apprentice (TA),
3. Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk, 4. Goods Guard, 5.Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist, 8.Sr. Clerk cum Typist, 7.Assistant Station Master (ASM),
8. Traffic Assistant.
Jobs for 12th pass candidates are 1. Commercial Clerk, 2.Trains Clerk, 3. Ticket Examiner, 4. Jr. Clerk cum Typist, 5. Accounts Clerk cum Typist. More details at About NTPC Jobs & Profile.
8. Jobs after Diploma in Engineering
Every year Railways recruits Junior Engineers for Various departments. The recruitment Process is a single exam and DV/Medical Examination, no physical or any interview. More details at About sample vacancy & promotion.
Above shown images used for illustrative purposes only. No Copyright infringement intended.