SOIL- LESS MODERN AGRICULTURE :- HYDROPONICS & AEROPONICS FARMING SYSTEM
Hydroponics and Aeroponics is a Soil- Less Modern Agriculture system, in which generally vegetables have been farmed without soil. It is suitable for a balcony and roof-top of home.
: It is a method of growing plants without soil. Foods for plants are given by water only. Mineral nutrients are dissolved in this water.
Plant roots are in touch with this nutritious water for some time only. The roots may be physically supported by an inert medium such as perlite, gravel, agar, expanded clay aggregate, grow stones, or rock wool.
This is a method of growing plants without soil & Water. Foods for plants are given by Mist formed by mixing Mineral nutrients & Oxygen. Plant roots are sprayed with nutrients in a closed atmosphere. In Aeroponics, there is no need for physical support to roots as in Hydroponics.
ADVANTAGE OF SOILLESS MODERN AGRICULTURE:- HYDROPONICS & AEROPONICS FARMING SYSTEM
1. The biggest advantage is very less water usage for agriculture. To grow 1 kilogram of tomatoes in normal farming requires 400 liters of water, in hydroponics 70 liters of water, and only 20 liters of water for aeroponics..
So it is the future of the world due to the coming acute shortage of water.
2. Such type farming can be easily done on Roof Top & also in Balcony. A Man in Chennai grows 6,000 Plants in 80 Sq Ft Space .
3. You get great satisfaction to cultivate some crops in your indoor Garden. You can involve yourself, Children & family members also. Hydroponics & Aeroponics become fun along with learning.
4. Being closed system farming, the growth of crops is higher. There is very little need for pesticides compared to traditional soil gardening.
5. Plants commonly grown are tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, leafy vegetables, flowering plants, etc.
How To Build Your Own Hydroponic System
Hydroponics & Aeroponics are consists of eight main parts.
i). The grow tray / chamber:-It is a simple plastic storage container with various holes in it. Here we put our plant.
ii) Plant Supporting Materials:-This is an inert medium such as perlite, gravel, agar, expanded clay aggregate, grow stones, or rock wool. They are available on online websites.
iii) Plant/Seeds:-After that we need plant or seeds, which is being cultivated in Hydroponics & Aeroponics system.
iv) Pipe / Delivery tubing:-There are two types of pipe, first for holding Plant container & 2nd for the flow of Nutrient mixed water solution.
v) Water reservoir:-It is placed on the base of the Hydroponics & Aeroponics system. Here Nutrient mixed water solution will be stored after circulation.
vi) A submersible water pump:-It is needed for forced circulation of Nutrient mixed water solution in the Hydroponics system.
vii) An air /oxygen pump:-It is required for a forced spray of Nutrient mixed water solution in Aeroponics System.
viii) An automated timer:- It regulates Nutrient mixed water solution supply onset time period. It creates an automatic feed system for plants.
NOTE:- At last, I have explained briefly about Soil- Less Modern Agriculture: – Hydroponics & Aeroponics Farming System. For knowing in detail, please go through this article.
- Phot Credit : hydroponiacs.com
Above shown images used for illustrative purposes only. No Copyright infringement intended.Cover photo taken from hydroponiacs.com.
You can put your queries on email- email@example.com